“Skinny” Penne Alla Vodka
Container of mushrooms (8-12 ounces)
Garlic (quarter of a clove, but really however much you want)
Chopped tomatoes (2-3 medium sized)
Peeled and deveined shrimp (half pound) or Bay scallops (half pound)
Jar of plain marinara sauce (8-12 ounces)
Plain, unsweetened Greek yogurt (1 cup, Fage greek yogurt)
Box of Banza Pasta (made from chickpeas)
1. Cook rigatoni/penne according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and set aside.
2. In a large skillet with a lid, heat olive oil over medium-low heat. Add in garlic, cook for 3 minutes or until garlic begins to soften.
3. Add in mushrooms, tomatoes, salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes, or until mushrooms begin to release water.
4. Turn heat up to medium and add in shrimp. Cook for 7-10 minutes, until shrimp are cooked (orange colored).
5. Mix penne, Greek yogurt and marinara sauce together with skillet- contents (you can mix yogurt and marinara sauce together before adding to mix). Stir until sauce is mixed well and all pasta and veggies are coated. Heat until just warmed through.
Divide into bowls and serve topped with parmesan cheese.
Eat and Enjoy!